Saturday, January 31, 2009

Reflections



Reflections for today:

1. Sometimes you have to step up and be the bigger person in a situation. Even though you may be well justified, sometimes you have to sacrifice your pride. It's worth it in the long run. You can't confront ignorance with ignorance. Know your true battle and let immature idiots toss sand on the playground; in the end fighting will only eat YOU up inside and make you just as vindictive. You can't change the whole world, but the world can sure change you!

2. Morality and maturity do not necessarily come with age.

3. Pure Love vs. Infatuation with Love: Some people are driven to find SOMEone vs waiting on THE one. If a tree is supposed to indeed bear good fruit, you have to let it ripen with time; biting off a sour green apple doesn't make the the tree bad rushing to feed your face does lol. If our soul mates were running around with a cardboard WELCOME signs, we'd all be home bound. If you have finally landed on level ground after flying through years of turmoil to finally get in tune with where you are and where you need to be, what is a little more time? I like the scriptural quote about some people never marrying because they were born not desiring to be. Some people not being married because they were made that way by man, while some people not marrying because of the kingdom of heaven. I'll look it up again if someone is actually interested. Don't worry; I'm not about to get all holy on you all. It was just interesting to me.

4. People say if you're single something must be wrong. People say alot of shit; look at their lives and ask yourself if they are truly qualified to question let alone advise you lol. Most people lust for someone like they do cars, money, sports, clothes, etc. I am not an asset, so I am not sitting still waiting on anyone to claim me or driven to claim someone. Sure it would be cool to look to my right and laugh or cry with someone while I'm on this journey, but either way I'm gonna keep on steppin lol.

Disclaimer: Oh and I'll be sure to post a lot more photography soon. I'm just not in the mood to deal with Flickr anymore. These ones I've taken over the past week. I decided to post these ones because they're kinda my favorites. HDR pics are next.

10 comments:

?? said...

i'm feelin point 2, point 3 is the though that is always on my mind!

loving your blog

Ki said...

GWB?! Amazing.
Your pics are on point!
Please do keep em coming!!
Keep it up ;]

As for the reflections.
I experienced number 1 yesterday..mmmph.

I liked number 3 a lot because that is a lot of people's problem, and reading this can help me avoid falling into the category of "Infatuated with Love".

Toy said...

i love number 2 & number 3 touched my heart.

Miss.Stefanie said...

I couldnt agree with you anymore...its comforting to know someone out in the word feels the same way.

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AS ALWAYS!

Adina Renée. said...

number one is the story of my life, lol.

Domenic 'Dom Corleone' said...

"..scriptural quote about some people never marrying because they were born not desiring to be. Some people not being married because they were made that way by man, while some people not marrying because of the kingdom of heaven."

I wanna know! :)

And the pics are real dope, my favorites are the bridge ones.. The lights on the first are amazing and the sunset on the second is breathtaking yo. Real nice!

Holla @ Me

Anonymous said...

I love!!!!!! AND the reflections?!? 100!!!!!!

Miss Daja said...

damn i agree on these 100%!
where the hell have i been
i've missed way too many of ur blogs..and now i have some catching up to do

T said...

I love the photos, I wish LA had huge bridges. Morality and maturity do not necessarily come with age, you right.
why dont you like flickr? I like it, just takes to long. the 3rd photo is my favorite

dauché said...

LOVE the photography !; hands down.